Included in this guide:
Are you studying in the engineering field and looking for the best computer for mechanical engineering students?
If yes, jump to this blog post to get a suitable solution. We know that Engineering students cannot rely on any notebook, as they have to run heavy programs like CAD and CAM. Such programs support high graphics and need a powerful, compatible device to manage their computational work. Moreover, college students also look for reasonable and affordable options.
It is not an easy task for these students to find a perfect system that will not let them compromise on quality and price. They will also search for high specs, easy to carry, and sound display settings. The best engineering computer must also work for the whole day within a single time charging. It should support high color coverage, maximum resolution, fast speed, and excellent brightness.
So, a laptop with all these characteristics will not be a cheap pickup for your pocket.
Fortunately, today we have tested some of the best computers for mechanical engineering students to buy right now. They all are compatible with engineering students and are available at affordable prices. We have mentioned them with their specifications, features, pros, cons, and price tags. So, you can easily compare them even within a single glance and decide which one should be your pickup.
But before going to these models, we would first like you to check our buying guide. This will help you consider the essential factors of an engineering laptop before investing your coins. Check it here;
Essential Factors to Consider Before Buying a Best Computer for Mechanical Engineering Students
The engineering students have to work with high-end programs, including Autocad, SolidWorks, CATIA, ProE, etc. They also have to manage to multitask within the same time. Hence, all these can just be handled with a device of powerful specifications to enjoy the cool performance.
But how do you know which specifications should be considered when choosing a laptop for the above purposes? Look here to learn about those important factors;
· Storage Space
Storage space is the essential element to look for while buying a mechanical-oriented computer. The system storage requirement may vary according to your needs. However, the recommendation is to consider the solid-state drive rather than the standard HDD drive. SSD works faster than HDD drive, which is a bit costly. Furthermore, the SSD ensures the overall laptop’s better performance. These days, many computers have dual storage parts such as the small size of SSD with a more extensive HDD storage.
· RAM (Random Access Memory)
RAM is another essential part to note for a mechanical engineering computer. Being a student of this field, you should not compromise on low RAM. More RAM will support you to manage multitasks with smooth performance. However, if you are a newcomer or have a low budget, you can compromise on 8GB of RAM. But our suggestions are for a minimum of 12GB-16GB of RAM. Higher than that is a plus point for your study convenience.
· CPU (Central Processing Unit)
The faster CPU supports the laptop to work faster. This is the central part to consider before buying any laptop. And if you are going to target for a specific purpose, it becomes more critical.
Conversely, a slow CPU will take time for app loading or rendering files. Thus, you should look for at least Core i5. This model is best enough to operate required programs and apps like MATLAB, SolidWorks, ANSYS, etc.
· Graphics Card
Dedicated graphics is not a common factor that should be ignored. An engineering student requires software with high graphics, which can do 2d rendering or 3d printing in ANSYS or SolidWorks. So, a computer with high-end graphics will suit you best. However, for ordinary graphics, you can compromise on integrated graphics.
· Window Operating System
Many engineering programs and software can operate on the windows operating system. If you choose a mac operating system, you must have to install Windows software. This is the only way to operate Windows programs on Mac operating systems.
The last but most important factor of an engineering laptop is its portability. If it is light weighted, you can confidently carry it to your classes, library, canteen, etc. So, try to avoid keeping the super heavy system in your backpack.
Best Computer for Mechanical Engineering Students
- The exciting and sharp 15.6-inch full HD IPS screen resolution will support a captivating image display.
- The modern 10th Gen H-series i7 processor supports the system to perform beyond expectations.
- It offers ample ports like USB 3.2 Type C Gen 2, USB 3.2 Gen 1, and Gen 2 ports for connectivity purposes.
- Additionally, you will also find it with HDMI 2.0 and Mini DisplayPort.
- You will enjoy its excellent cooling system to keep the laptop smoothly working.
- It is a powerful system to perform all engineering-related tasks.
- You will be happy to see the modern and sleek design and compact structure.
- It has good battery timing.
- It is not an easily portable device.
Acer predator is the best system to run high graphics games, high-end applications, and software. It comes with a 2.6GHz Intel Core i7-10750H CPU and 16 GB RAM. The laptop has a screen resolution of 512GB SSD storage space and a 15.6-inch FHD IPS (1920 x 1080) screen. You will see this Acer product with 6GB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 GPU. Its battery can easily work for more than 5 hours after a single charge.
It is the best computer to perform video editing, image setting, and graphics designing tasks. It will offer you impressive processing speed. However, you can also increase its speed to more than 5GHz. You will welcome it with by default windows ten 64-bit installation with the latest features.
- This budget-friendly laptop will let you upgrade its AMD Ryzen 7 5800U processor to more than 4.4GHz for desired output.
- The 14-inch FHD shows the exact color and vivid brightness display.
- The 16GB DDR4 RAM support makes it faster than the previous DDR3 RAM.
- The 512GB and Solid State Drive space are enough to store your content files and other data.
- Once you charge it, there will be no worry of low battery for more than 12 hours.
- It has an excellent processor with a Turbo boost.
- The laptop is available on a low budget.
- It is lightweight but comes in a sturdy structure.
- There are multiple connectivity ports.
- It is best for the newcomers.
- There may be some screen display problems.
If someone is on the budget and wants to purchase a reliable performing laptop, then Acer Swift X is here to serve you. It has 2.4GHz AMD Ryzen 7 5800U CPU and 16GB RAM. The 512GB SSD storage space and 14-inch FHD IPS (1920 x 1080) screen resolution make it more demanding in this low budget. It has a 4GB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti CPU. The battery will work for more than 12 hours.
The latest addition of a dual digital microphone system is empowered to reduce background noise. So, users will experience rich calling and listening experiences with clear sound. The connectivity option includes USB Type-C, USB 3.2, USB 2.0, HDMI, etc.
- The AMD Ryzen 7 4800H supported processor will deliver excellent speed and precision.
- Its 17.3-inch FHD makes this model unique from its predecessors.
- If required, you can upgrade its 16GB DDR4 RAM to 32GB for better performance.
- Besides this, it is the best selection to enjoy high-end games.
- It is an easily portable device.
- It comes with a backlit keyboard that is helpful for night viewing.
- The RAM can be enhanced according to the requirements.
- The battery life is not as long as it should be.
- You may also have to compromise on the poor fan cooling system.
- Moreover, you will not get fingerprint reader support.
Asus TUF A17 has 2.9GHz AMD Ryzen 7 4800H CPU and 16GB RAM. It contains 1TB SSD storage space and 17.3-inch FHD LCD (1920 x 1080) screen resolution. The 6GB , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Ti, is another great feature in this price package. The battery can run for more than 9 hours, also a plus point.
You will experience high but clear audio with dual-coil, front-mounted stereo speakers. It offers 2x USB 3.2, USB 2.0, HDMI, LAN, and SD card ports for connection support. It has a sleek and modern design along with a backlit keyboard addition.
- Its 9th gen H-series i7 processor will support you to do the mechanical-aligned tasks, including FEA, CFD, etc., with ease.
- The Intel Core i7-9750H CPU will support you to operate numerous CAD-centric processes and programs smoothly.
- The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 GPU is powerful enough to perform for 3D satisfaction. It will also help to accomplish complicated sketches and challenging models and designs.
- The windows ten operating system support is compatible with CAD applications like Fusion 360, AutoCAD, etc.
- The 4K Ultra HD screen will amaze you for color precision and vivid display angles.
- Overall, HP Spectre x360 is the best choice of experts with a backlit keyboard, Bang and Olufsen speakers, and dual microphone area.
- The laptop has a high-speed processor and a Stellar touch panel.
- It offers 6 Wi-Fi support and 3 Thunderbolt support.
- Some customers complain about its heavier weight.
Are you looking to design the 2D graphics through AutoCAD, Fusion 360, or SketchUp at the turbo clock speed of 4.5GHz? If yes, then welcome to another best pickup of our list. We are talking about the HP Spectre x360, which landed with a 2.6GHz Intel Core i7-9750H CPU. It has 16GB RAM and 512GB Solid-state drive storage space. The devices support 15.6-inch UHD IPS (3840 x 2160) screen resolution and 4GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650GPU.
Its battery will last for more than 15 hours. It is easy to carry and use. It offers Type-C, USB 3.1, HDMI 2.0, Thunderbolt 3, Wi-Fi 6, and even the SD card reader to fulfill connectivity purposes. This laptop is excellent for those who want to invest in severe CAD applications.
- The laptop will work on the 9th Gen Intel Core i7 processor.
- You will enjoy its maintenance and unbelievable working speed.
- The far-fetched 15.6-inch FHD screen will display stunning color.
- This is the most preferred choice for engineers to play games.
- There is a robust 9th Gen i7 processor and superb graphics card.
- You will see it with Dual storage formation and Dual-fan cooling functionality.
- It has excellent structure and hard-wearing quality.
- You cannot easily carry it around.
- You may also compromise on the short battery timing (5 hours).
If you are a serious mechanical engineering student, you should not skip Dell G5 15. It has a 2.6GHz Intel Core i7-9750H CPU and 16GB RAM. The 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD storage and 15.6-inch FHD IPS (1920 x 1080) display make it a unique choice. You will receive it with a 4GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 GPU. Its battery can easily run for more than 5 hours.
You will enjoy its amazing cooling system. An advanced Dual-fan Cooling System, including an innovative thermal structure, will always keep your system ready against heat up. The device offers 1x USB Type-C, 3x USB-A 3.1, DisplayPort, HDMI 2.0, Gigabit Ethernet, 3.5mm audio jack, and a Memory card reader for easy connectivity.
- It is a lightweight device for students.
- The battery timing is also good in this price range.
- It has an effective processor.
- You may have to compromise on its graphics performance.
- It is not very cost-effective.
MSI GF65 comes with a 3.0GHz Intel Core i7-11375H CPU and 16GB RAM. It has 512GB SSD storage space and a 15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) screen resolution. Moreover, you will see it with the 6GB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060. You can upgrade its 3.0GHz to 5.4GHz for extraordinary speed. Its battery life can last for more than six hours. It is the best choice for all mechanical engineering students and teachers.
The laptop is lightweight and easy to carry. There are 2x USB 3.2, 1x Thunderbolt 4 Port, 1x HDMI, and a UHS-III Micro SD Reader for connectivity and file-sharing purposes. Besides this, MSI is best for gamers.
- 1TB SSD storage space is best to save all your class files and assignments.
- The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 graphics card will deliver shocking display results.
- This device has a rich and robust design and fan cooling system.
- It supports Windows 10 operating system.
- The device has a strong processor and great RAM and storage capacity.
- You will get a well-made and hard-wearing structure.
- It delivers an excellent audio experience like theater at home.
- There are numerous connectivity options.
- It is not easy to carry anywhere.
- The battery is also not good.
If you are a Civil engineering student, or a Computer Science, Electrical, or Mechanical class boy, then here is the best selection to enhance your study experience. Lenovo Legion 5 has 3.3GHz AMD Ryzen 5-5600H and 16GB RAM for you. It has 1TB SSD storage space and a 17.3-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) screen resolution.
The 4GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 GPU makes it an outstanding product to purchase for study intentions. Its battery can easily work for more than 8 hours. It will support you to upgrade its 3.3GHz to 4.2GHz to get extra working speed. However, the 16GB RAM will not let you face the lagging issues. The backlit keyboard will support you to work in the absence of light.
It comes with JBL speakers and Dolby Home Theater audio support. There are Wireless LAN, Bluetooth, 4x USB Type-A, 1x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C, 1x Headphone Jack, 1x HDMI, 1x SD card reader, and 1x RJ45 ports for wireless connections.
- It will deliver remarkable image precision and quality.
- The 7 hours battery capacity is also good news at this affordable price.
- There are 1 x USB type C port, 3 x USB 3.1 port, and a card reader for connectivity.
- You can easily carry this lightweight device anywhere.
- It has an attractive and superb structure.
- It is easy to carry and use.
- The processor performance is at its peak.
- The fan cooling system is somewhat noisy.
HP Pavilion 15 has a 2.3GHz Intel Core i5-8300H CPU and 8GB RAM. It landed with 1TB HDD storage space and 15.6-inch FHD IPS (1920 x 1080) screen resolution. Its battery can work for more than 7 hours. It is a cheap device with high speed and firm processing. You will find it with a backlit keyboard. So, no worries about working in dark surroundings.
You can confidently save all of your data without facing the slow-down problem. It is also best to operate heavy programs like Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Illustrator, etc. The effective fan cooling system will not let it heats up.
- The 8 GB RAM+256GB SSD storage space is powerful enough to store larger data.
- It is the best device for hardcore games, HD video editing, and Photoshop.
- The six-hour working battery is also affordable.
- This best computer for mechanical engineering students comes in a durable design and sturdy structure.
- The standard audio performance makes it a good choice.
- There is a 2-years manufacturer’s warranty.
- Its good configuration, simple design, and sturdy build quality enhance demand.
- This affordable device is well-matched for the best gaming experience.
- There are Multi drives- ITB internal SATA hard drives and a 128GB SSD.
- You can efficiently perform multi-tasks at one time without a heating problem.
- It is not an easily portable system for the students.
- There is no optical drive.
- The graphics are not suitable for high-end games.
- You also have to compromise on its short battery timing.
This is the cheapest brand on our list dedicated to engineering-related programs. It has an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 GPU and 8GB RAM. There is a 1920×1080 pixels screen resolution and a Core i7 processor. The 15.60-inch display size and more than 6 hours working battery is also a plus point in this low price. You can use it to manage all your work either on Mathcad, CAD, VBA, Excel, or any other program.
The computer runs on the Windows ten operating system. It will also permit you to boost its 8GB RAM according to your preferences. Its backlit keyboard support will let you enjoy its uses in the dark. Besides gaming, the Dell Inspiron i5577 keyboard is dedicated to typing tasks. So, you will enjoy its services to do your assignment work.
You May Also Like:
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, here are some of the best computers for mechanical engineering programs;
> Acer Predator Helios 300
> Acer Swift X
> HP Spectre x360
> Dell G5 15
> Asus TUF A17
> MSI GF65
> Lenovo Legion 5
> HP Pavilion 15
> Dell inspiration i5577
Before buying a machine for engineering programs, check its portability, CPU speed, graphics performance, battery timing, price, and storage space.
> 8th Gen Intel Core i5 CPU
> 8GB RAM
> 256GB SSD storage space
> 13.3-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) display
> 2GB NVIDIA GeForce MX350 graphics
> More than 3 hours battery life
Conclusively, a mechanical engineering student must look for a power-packed device to effectively complete his complicated tasks and other jobs. You have to focus on the particular specifications for your requirements. We have also mentioned the basic and essential factors for your help. This buying guide will help you purchase the desired machine from any market. Besides this, we have described some other best computers for mechanical engineering students with their prices, unique features, pros, and cons. So, you choose the perfect one based on your requirements.